Oregon Votes Project Portal
Modernizing Oregon's Voter Registration Database for 2024
The Secretary of State’s Office (SOS) and the state’s 36 County Clerks initiated the Oregon Votes project to implement a modernized elections system for the State of Oregon. Oregon Votes is a collaboration between the SOS and the counties to replace our aging centralized system for voter registration and elections management, integrated petitions management, candidate management, and user-centered public portal. Oregon Votes also establishes data standards for elections statistics, participation, results, and reporting across the state. Although stable and secure, Oregon's current system is over fifteen years old and needs to be modernized to meet the challenges of today’s vote-by-mail elections. The goal of Oregon Votes is to implement a new and thoroughly tested system, available for use in both state and local elections by February 2023. To provide feedback, get more involved, or ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page, updated at least monthly, you can view progress on major tasks, overall budget, and documents related to contract management and key staff.
Quickly see what we've done and how much more there is to do.
Ensuring taxpayers receive maximum value for their tax dollars.
- Experienced development partners
- Established solution aligned with national standards
- Independent quality assurance team
Use the filter above to narrow the list of documents below:
Who we are and what we do:
Executive Steering Committee
- Decision making body for key project issues
- Ensures statewide participation and support
- Validate system requirements
- Provide workflow feedback
- Subject matter experts on registering to vote and election management
Other Team Members
- Project Manager – ensures project is on time, on budget and within scope, manages project risks and engages stakeholders
- Product Owner – ensures project meets business needs and requirements, lead subject matter expert for project work
- Core Project Team – business and technical resources responsible for completing work
- Vendor Project Manager – responsible for vendor project management and delivery
- Quality Assurance Vendor – identifies issues, risks, and recommendations that increase the likelihood of project success
This page last updated 10-Sep-2021.